Table of contents
Turn Gmail into a collaborative hub
Zendesk vs Zoho Desk: Which one is better in 2024?
Table of contents
If you’re in customer service, Zendesk and Zoho Desk are two names that are hard to miss. These platforms have evolved to become not just tools for customer support but comprehensive ecosystems for enhancing customer engagement and operational efficiency.
As businesses in 2024 strive to enhance their customer service operations, the choice between Zendesk and Zoho Desk becomes a strategic decision. This article aims to dissect key comparison points between these two platforms, providing insights to help you make an informed decision.
But first, a quick overview of the platforms.
Table of Contents
- Quick Overview of Zendesk and Zoho Desk
- Which Platform Should You Pick in 2024 – Zendesk or Zoho Desk?
Quick Overview of Zendesk and Zoho Desk
|Basic Comparison Parameters
|Ease of use and setup
|Zendesk has complex setup that may require training. Additional training costs are applicable.
|Setting up Zoho Desk is relatively easier. The UI, however, is clunky and hard to navigate. No extra training costs.
|Pricing starts at $19/user/month, with options for startups to apply for a 6-month free trial.
|Zoho Desk offers affordable pricing starting at $7/user/month for paid plans, with a free plan also available.
|Offers a 14-day trial period.
|Provides a 15-day free trial. Also offers a forever-free plan.
|Customer Support Quality
|Digital support is available 24/7 and is charged separately. The support quality is sub-pa, as reported by users.
|Offers support to users via various channels like phone, email, chat, and social media. Users have reported delays in responses.
Looking for a tool that’s easier to use compared to Zendesk and Zoho Desk? Try Hiver.
Now, let’s dig deeper and understand how Zendesk and Zoho Desk compare different parameters to understand which one is better.
1. Zoho Desk is more affordable than Zendesk
Zoho Desk is the more budget-friendly option, particularly for small to medium-sized businesses or those operating with tighter budget constraints. Its paid plans start at a modest $7 per agent per month, as compared to Zendesk, which starts at $19 per agent per month. There’s also a functional free plan available, making it an accessible choice for most companies.
This affordability does not come at the cost of functionality, as Zoho Desk includes a comprehensive set of features that can cater to a variety of customer service needs without the hefty price tag often associated with enterprise-level solutions like Zendesk.
However, Hiver offers more value for money than Zoho Desk and Zendesk.
Though Zoho Desk appears more affordable, it’s important to note that many vital support features come at a higher cost compared to Hiver:
- Zoho Desk’s SLA management is only included in their top-tier Enterprise plan, while Hiver allows you to monitor SLA violations starting with the Pro plan.
- Hiver offers 24/7 live chat support across all pricing plans, whereas Zoho Desk’s live chat support is limited to weekdays.
- Collaborating across departments on customer queries costs 35% more with Zoho Desk compared to Hiver.
- To utilize live chat support with Zoho Desk, you must subscribe to their Enterprise plan; Hiver, however, includes live chat in the more affordable $15 Lite plan, making Zoho Desk’s live chat feature about 60% more expensive.
When compared to Zendesk, Hiver is much more cost-effective. Here’s a quick overview of savings with Hiver:
In addition to this, here are some more things to keep in mind:
- Routing conversations by ticket priority or using round-robin distribution is 154% more expensive on Zendesk.
- Skill-based ticket routing is 67% costlier with Zendesk than with Hiver.
- With Zendesk, collaborating on email queries with internal notes is 560% more costly.
- Customer feedback capabilities are double the price on Zendesk.
- Setting up business hours on Zendesk costs 153% more.
- Additional charges apply for 24/7 support and personalized onboarding on Zendesk.
2. Zoho Desk Is Easier To Set Up Despite its Outdated UI
Zoho Desk prioritizes ease of setup, offering a straightforward implementation process that can be a relief, especially for businesses without a dedicated IT team. Even with a user interface that some may find less than sleek, users generally find that Zoho Desk provides a clear and guided experience from the start.
This contrasts with Zendesk, where the advanced feature set can translate into a more complicated setup, often necessitating additional training sessions for which Zendesk may charge separately. The cost for personalized training and support could be anywhere between $1500 to $2800.
“There are multiple tools to do similar things, but it’s hard to find a way to integrate them or set up Zendesk. Reaching out to support seems to only redirect to articles or provide the same information.”User review on G2
Hiver works on top of Gmail—-with an intuitive UI and quick setup up
While Zoho Desk may be the better pick when compared to Zendesk, it doesn’t fare well against Hiver. For organizations that value simplicity, cost efficiency, and ease of use, Hiver presents an even more compelling option with its seamless integration into the daily workflow of Gmail users. Here’s how:
- Simplified Onboarding: Hiver simplifies onboarding by eliminating the complexity often associated with comprehensive customer service platforms. It leverages the familiarity of Gmail, which reduces setup time and associated costs.
- Intuitive Design: The intuitive design of Hiver, built on the Gmail interface, ensures that navigation is straightforward and user-friendly, thereby enhancing the overall user experience.
- Cost Efficiency: Unlike Zendesk, Hiver doesn’t charge any onboarding or training fee for users. Hiver provides a cost-efficient alternative that allows businesses to allocate their resources more effectively.
3. Zendesk Offers More Robust Integrations Than Zoho Desk
Zendesk stands at the forefront of integration capabilities, which is crucial for any business seeking a synergistic approach to customer service. It surpasses Zoho Desk with a vast array of over 90 integrations that span across various categories, from CRM and sales to project management and analytics platforms.
This extensive integration network is key for enterprises that rely on a robust ecosystem of tools to maintain a competitive edge.
Additionally, Zendesk’s API-first approach allows for deep customizations and automation that can drastically enhance the functionality of the help desk, tailoring it to the unique processes of each business. This level of customization ensures that regardless of the complexity of the workflows or the industry-specific needs, Zendesk can adapt and integrate smoothly. This positions it as the optimal choice over Zoho Desk for integration-rich business environments.
But, Hiver offers these integrations within Gmail
When it comes to integration capabilities, Zendesk offers a great range of options, serving as a bridge between various business functions and fostering a connected customer service platform. However, Hiver proposes a compelling alternative with its integrated approach within Gmail, presenting a solution that prioritizes ease of use, productivity, and cost-effectiveness.
Hiver seamlessly integrates with Google Workspace, allowing users to manage customer support and internal workflows directly within Gmail. In addition to this, it provides a curated selection of integrations, including ones with popular services like Slack for communication, Aircall for voice communication, Asana for project management, and Zapier for automating workflows, ensuring users can connect to a variety of productivity and collaboration tools directly within Gmail.
4. Zendesk Has Better Analytics and Reporting Features Than Zoho Desk
Zendesk distinctly outperforms Zoho Desk in analytics and reporting, catering to the complex needs of larger enterprises. While Zoho Desk provides basic analytics suitable for smaller businesses, Zendesk delivers comprehensive insights into customer service operations, tracking metrics like ticket volumes, response times, and satisfaction levels.
This detailed analysis is vital for businesses requiring deep understanding to refine their strategies and service quality.
Additionally, Zendesk’s analytics tools are highly customizable, surpassing Zoho Desk’s offerings. This customization allows for more nuanced monitoring and analysis, enabling businesses to identify trends and adapt their customer service strategies proactively.
However, Hiver provides a more cost-effective and robust alternative
As we discussed earlier, Hiver offers 56% annual savings when compared to Zendesk. Add to this its reporting and analytics features, and it becomes clear that Hiver stands out as a superior choice. It prioritizes streamlined data analysis, cost efficiency, and enhanced productivity within a familiar Gmail ecosystem, making it a great pick for small to medium-sized businesses.
Here is a closer look at how Hiver compares with Zendesk in this aspect:
- Gmail-Integrated Analytics: Hiver excels by integrating analytics directly within Gmail, providing a unified platform for tracking key metrics like response time, customer satisfaction, and team performance. This integration ensures a smoother workflow, enabling users to access comprehensive reports and analytics without leaving their email interface.
- User-Friendly Data Interpretation: Hiver’s analytics tools are designed for clarity and ease of use. Unlike Zendesk’s potentially complex suite, Hiver’s analytics are straightforward, presenting data in a visual format. This simplification aids teams in quickly deriving actionable insights from metrics that matter to them, with features like custom reports.
- Productivity Enhancement: Integrating analytics within Gmail, Hiver boosts productivity by minimizing the need to switch between multiple tools. Teams can efficiently monitor performance in real-time and make data-driven decisions within a familiar environment, streamlining the entire customer support process.
5. Zoho Desk Offers More Accessible Customer Support than Zendesk
Zoho Desk edges out Zendesk in terms of providing more accessible customer support. While Zendesk offers a comprehensive range of support channels, including 24/7 support, it charges additionally (anywhere between $1500 to $2800) for round-the-clock assistance. This can be limiting for businesses operating on a tighter budget.
“They (Zendesk) charge $350 for a 10-minute video that didn’t even answer one of my questions. Fortunately, this cost was waived for me after going through 2 account executives, a sales manager, and two support/training specialists (calling themselves developers) over the course of 9 months while trying to get a simple answer about how to use and report on Tags. We already went over budget and couldn’t afford the outrageous training costs.”
User review on Capterra
In contrast, Zoho Desk’s customer support structure is more inclusive across its various plans. It offers a balanced mix of support channels, such as email, chat, and an informative self-service knowledge base, without the tiered restrictions seen in Zendesk.
This inclusive approach makes Zoho Desk’s customer support more accessible to a broader range of businesses, ensuring that quality assistance is available without the need for higher investment.
However, Hiver offers superior customer support that’s available 24/7
Zoho Desk’s more accessible customer support model offers a significant advantage over Zendesk’s tiered approach. However, Hiver surpasses both by delivering 24/7, prompt customer support, making it the best pick. Here is how Hiver is better than Zoho Desk and Zendesk when it comes to customer service quality:
- 24/7 Customer Support: Hiver offers 24/7 customer support, a step above Zoho Desk, whose support is only available during weekdays, ensuring that assistance is always available, regardless of the time or day.
- Prompt Response Times: Contrary to Zoho Desk, which some users have reported delays in response, Hiver prides itself on providing quick and efficient customer support, with an average chat response time of 13 seconds—-3x faster than the industry average.
- No Additional Cost for Support: While Zendesk charges extra for certain levels of customer assistance, Hiver offers comprehensive support included across all its plans. This ensures businesses have access to help without incurring additional costs.
- Consistent Quality Across Plans: Hiver maintains a high standard of customer support across all its plans, free of cost, ensuring businesses of all sizes receive the same level of excellent service. With a 95% CSAT score, you will never be waiting on a response from Hiver. Here’s what the users say:
“Hiver’s customer support is phenomenal. They’re always responsive and helpful, and they go above and beyond to ensure that we’re happy.”
“Hiver has been a game-changer for our customer support team. The software is easy to use and the support team is always available to help. We’ve seen a significant improvement in our customer satisfaction ratings since switching to Hiver.”
– User Reviews on G2
Which Platform Should You Pick in 2024 – Zendesk or Zoho Desk?
In 2024, the choice between Zendesk and Zoho Desk hinges on your business’s specific needs. Zendesk excels in providing advanced features and integrations, ideal for larger enterprises requiring a comprehensive suite of customer service tools. It offers unparalleled analytics, reporting capabilities, and robust multichannel support, though at a premium cost.
On the other hand, Zoho Desk is more suited for small to medium-sized businesses, offering more accessible and user-friendly customer support at a budget-friendly price. While it provides a simpler interface and inclusive support across plans, it may not match Zendesk’s depth in functionality and customization.
In case you’re looking for a platform that checks all the boxes, consider Hiver
For businesses seeking a balance between functionality, ease of use, and cost-effectiveness, Hiver emerges as the best pick. You get:
- A clean and intuitive UI that takes only an hour to set up.
- Automation features for repetitive tasks.
- Visual reports and analytics features.
- Omnichannel customer support across live chat, knowledge base, WhatsApp, email, and phone.
- Robust integrations and collaboration features for team productivity.
- 24/7 prompt customer support.
If you want to see these in action, try Hiver for 7 days free of cost and see how it fits your business needs.